Just a list of things I've heard people actually say:
- Not wearing a tie will directly effect your career path.
- Real programmers read at least one book on programming every month.
- (To a room full of customers) 50% of the people in this room are not smart enough to understand this product.
- Well written code doesn't need comments.
- We don't fix bugs unless the users are screaming for it.
- (To a room full of potential customers) If I don't get enough sales soon, I'll stop developing this product.